If you’re a high school senior planning on majoring in business, you’re already on a promising track. Business degrees offer flexibility, job stability, and a quick return on educational investment. Yet, despite these benefits, the financial burden can be a significant hurdle. It’s essential to explore business scholarships for high school seniors, like you, to alleviate this burden.
Why Business Scholarships are Essential
Colleges attract a lot of business students, making the field one of the most popular majors today. From Business Management to Administration, the options are abundant. However, this popularity also means high competition for available scholarships, as schools often have limited financial aid designated for business programs.
So if federal student financial aid isn’t enough, where do you go? That’s where business scholarships come in. These scholarships are designed explicitly for students pursuing a business degree and are offered by a variety of organizations.
Types of Business Scholarships
Scholarships from Large Corporations
Big companies often offer scholarships for aspiring business students. For instance, the CALG Scholarship Program offers an award of $1,000 and focuses on improved communication between regulatory agencies and contractors.
Schools themselves sometimes offer full-tuition scholarships or smaller awards for their business programs. The Stewart and Jane Bainum Fund Scholarship offers $2,500 for business students and even includes a complimentary registration to attend IFA’s Annual Convention.
Scholarships for Women in Business
There are scholarships specifically for women entering business fields. The Mildred C. Hanson SIOR Memorial Scholarship offers an impressive $8,000 award, targeting qualified female students aiming for careers in commercial real estate.
Scholarships for Specific Areas of Business Study
Some scholarships are specialized in areas like finance, marketing, or entrepreneurship. The Doc Cohen Franchising Scholarship provides a $3,000 award and focuses on business aspects like franchising.
Application Tips and Tricks
When applying for scholarships, remember to:
- Meet the Deadline: Scholarships have strict application deadlines. Make sure to apply on time.
- Follow the Criteria: Read the eligibility and application requirements carefully.
- Write a Compelling Essay: Most scholarships require an essay. Make it engaging and tailored to the scholarship you’re applying for.
- Include Recommendations: A strong letter of recommendation can make your application stand out.
Noteworthy Scholarships to Consider
Here are some scholarships that you should not miss:
- Fred DeLuca Foundation Scholarship: Provides $2,500 and focuses on business/entrepreneurship studies.
- Scarlett Family Foundation Scholarship: Offers an impressive $30,000 for students from eligible Tennessee counties.
- Maodong Xu Science & Technology Scholarship: Provides $1,000 for students seeking a career in technology with a minor focus on business.
Whether offered by large corporations, private providers, or schools, business scholarships for high school seniors are abundant and varied. Make sure to do your research, match your skills and aspirations with the scholarship that fits you best, and apply in due time. With the right approach, you can secure the financial aid you need to make your business degree a reality.